He received his professional education in the Janis Rozentals Riga Art High School (1949 – 1954) and in the Painting Department of the Latvian Art Academy (1954 – 1960). He started his teaching career at the Latvian Art Academy in 1963 and in 1983 became the Head of the Master Studio. In 1984 was elected professor and was awarded a diploma „For Outstanding Creative Achievements” by the Latvian Artists’ Union. In 2002 he received the Three-Star Order. His artworks can be found in the collections of the National Art Museum of Latvia and the Latvian Artists’ Union, the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow, Ludwig Museum in Aachen, Germany and in many private collections in Latvia and abroad.
The gallery also offers other works by the author. Contact us